HP Piazza is a pioneering set of independent and interlocking cloud-based services that enable publishers to make book = manufacturing and distribution more time and cost-efficient. Now, publishers can build a virtual warehouse for the management, automation, distribution, print, and direct fulfilment of book orders, while holding zero inventory.
- Content ingestion
- Cloud repository
- Catalogue management
- Global distribution
- SLA management
In order to utilize the full functionalities of HP Piazza, a general workflow must be followed in order to have all content necessary. The workflow proceeds as follows:
1. License Piazza and build a Publisher catalogue for managing virtual inventory
of print ready content.
- Ingest content into Piazza
- Preflight of covers and book bocks
- Optimize for HP Digital Printing: Profile, Media, Color Management, File Size
- Assign metadata and product SKU
- Store in Piazza cloud repository
2. Submit orders via order management/distribution engine to a PSP with HP PrintOS
Site Flow enabled workflow.
- Order number
- Content identifier (ISBN)
- Content components: cover, book blocks, wraps
- Production data
- Delivery instructions
- Receive status update via Piazza dashboard from Print OS Site Flow: tracking information manage print service provider's SLA
3. Complete print production process via a HP PrintOS Site Flow enabled workflow.